Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Naturally sweet and healthy treat

I hosted a fun Lia Sophia jewelry party the other night. I love hosting parties! They give me a reason to get together with my girlfriends, learn new things, and SHOP.

One of the things I really like to do is come up with great recipe ideas to share. This one was a HIT and the recipe was requested. It's super simple, cuz that's how I roll. If a recipe has more then 10 ingredients then I won't use it. Frankly that's too much work. I love to research recipes that are similar then create my own.

This recipe for No-bake nut butter oat bars is healthy and rich so you really only need a small piece. They are sweetened with honey and spiced up using doTERRA On guard essential oil blend, cinnamon, clove and nutmeg. I used peanut butter, but any nut butter would serve well here. I appreciate the fact they are rich so I'm not tempted to eat the entire pan :-) It came about because my oven is broken and I wanted to make something for my guests to snack on as a refreshment. I didn't want to spend a lot of time, had to be able to use items on hand, couldn't use my oven, and I wanted to incorporate essential oils. Well my friends! This accomplishes all that!

OnGuard essential oil blend has antibacterial, antifungal, antidepressant, and antiseptic properties. It will disinfect any surface and wipeout germs on contact. These germs include the flu, MRSA and many other critters we don't want around. With cold and flu season starting I wanted to provide a decadent treat that would help protect my guests . What better way to do that then with essential oils!

Food provides an opportunity for expression and creativity. With that in mind, please feel free to add to, take away, or change this up to fit your style and taste buds. But don't keep the changes to yourself, share in the comments below what you did so the rest of us can benefit :-)

Are you ready for the recipe? Drum roll please.....


No-bake Nut Butter Oat Bars
Makes about 24 bars

3 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup nut butter, no additives or sweeteners
3/4 cup honey
3-5 drops On guard essential oil blend
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp clove and nutmeg
1/4-1/3 coconut milk, if needed (to help combine everything)

In a small saucepan combine honey and nut butter. Stir to combine. When nut butter and honey are warm and melty (but not too hot) add essential oil. Stir to blend.

In a medium size bowl combine oats and spices. Stir in honey/nut butter mix. Stir with a wooden spoon until all the oats are incorporated and covered.

If needed, use coconut or almond milk to thin it out a bit. The honey nut butter mix thickens as it cools. The milk helps so you can incorporate everything easier.

When everything is mixed well, pour into a 8 1/2 x 11 pan. Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours before serving.

Again these are rich. Cut them into 24 squares and enjoy!

Add ins: try adding dark chocolate chips, dried fruit, or coconut flakes for some yummy texture!


To contact me for a free health history consultation to discover how I can help you improve your health email me at holisticallyhealthy14@gmail.com!






No comments:

Post a Comment